• Subscribers Tom and Gina Crisp operate an annual guided trip to Germany and Austria which this year includes Oberammergau's Passion Play. The tour headquarters in the southern Bavarian towns of Garmisch-Partenkirchen (5 nights) and Grassau (8 nights). The itinerary includes most of the region's top sights including the Royal Castles, the monastery at Ettal, the Wieskirche, the Grossglockner road, Ludwig's lesser-known castle Herrenchiemsee on an island in the Chiemsee, a dinner concert at Salzburg's ancient Peterskeller restaurant, and time for independent exploring. The price, $3395 (less $50 for Gemütlichkeit subscribers), includes roundtrip airfare, all dinners except two, breakfasts, and tickets to the Passion Play as well as all other entrance fees. Contact: Crisp Tours 800-901-8044.
• KD River Cruises is offering fare reductions of 20% for most April cruises and 10% off most October cruises. Phone 800-346-6525 from the eastern U.S. and 800-858-8587 from the west, or browse vikingrivercruises.com/.
• Swissair continues to introduce the Airbus A330 into its transatlantic fleet. Fly the airbus out of Boston, Chicago, Newark, and Washington Dulles. All three classes of service have upgraded seating with adjustable headrests with swivel ears, lumbar support, leg rests and individual audio and visual screens.
Buy a 14-day advance purchase apex ticket with a Mastercard and a companion flies free through April 30. Through April 13, roundtrip fares range from $348 to $558. Under Gemütlichkeit's fare reduction program, subscribers purchasing tickets (more than $450) directly from Swissair qualify for $25 to $600 discounts, depending on ticket cost and class of service. Phone 800-521-6722 (press 2) for more info or bookings can be made through Swissair at 800-238-0399.
- (U.S. Dollar prices quoted in this issue of Gemütlichkeit may be inaccurate for these reasons:
- Prices in local currency have not been updated since the date of publication of this newsletter, and...
- The dollar prices shown were obtained by using exchange rates in effect at the time of publication.)