• The Zürich office of tourism offers "The Zürich Experience" package which includes:
- Two overnights with breakfast in the hotel category of your choice
- Two-hour city tour in new trolley bus
- One-day public transport pass for city and environs (including Uetliberg and Albiskette)
- The Zürich Night Card, good for an assortment of discounts and free drinks in 21 pubs and restaurants. Card includes a tram pass for the city network)
- Discount voucher booklet, city map and documentation
The per person, double occupancy rates range from 245 Sfr. ($159) for a three-star hotel to 380 Sfr. ($247) for a four-star property. Book online at MySwitzerland.com or contact the Zürich Tourist Office, Main station, CH-8023 Zürich, tel. +41/01/215 40 00, fax 215 40 44, hotel reservations, tel. +41/01/215 40 40, fax 215 40 4.
• "Cezanne - perfection unfinished" is the title of an exhibition examining the uncompleted works of the Impressionist artist. The exhibition, scheduled for Kunsthaus Zürich, Heimplatz 1, from May 5 through July 30, will comprise some 70 canvasses, 2030 watercolors, and selected drawings, all of them on loan from museums and private collections around the world. Entry fees will range from 8 to 16 Sfr. ($5.20-$10.40).
There is a special accommodations package offered in conjunction with the exhibit. It includes two overnight stays with breakfast buffet, admission to the exhibition at the Kunsthaus, a booklet of vouchers (including, for example, a discount on the Art Walk), city map and documentation. The per person price in a double room is 246 Sfr. ($160). The single room supplement is 120 Sfr. ($78). Contact: Zürich Tourist Office.
• LTU International Airways offers Florida and the West Coast some of the best and least expensive air service to Germany. The airline flies to Düsseldorf (with connections to most major German airports included in the fare) from Fort Myers, Orlando and Miami.
Starting May 4, LTU will inaugurate service to Frankfurt from Ft. Myers. Florida summer fares begin at $660 roundtrip economy and $1698 first comfort. Current winter fares start at $398.
Beginning May 6, LTU will operate nonstop scheduled weekly flights from Los Angeles to Munich on Saturdays, and twice weekly flights to Düsseldorf on Mondays and Thursdays. Roundtrip fares from Los Angeles start at $728 economy class and $1998 "first comfort" class. Fares also include connections to other major German airports as well as transport to the U.S. gateway from cities such West Coast cities as Phoenix, San Francisco, Seattle, Portland and others.
Next May, LTU will further expand its service to Germany by adding Toronto and Anchorage gateways. Contact: LTU, tel. 888-888-0200, web www.ltu.com.
• A group tour that will headquarter in Göttingen and include visits to Weimar, Eisenach, Goslar, and the World's Fair - Hannover 2000, plus German language classes, is jointly sponsored by Acalanes Adult Center in Walnut Creek, California, and the Goethe Institute.