Last month Gemütlichkeit launched a revamped GEMUT.COM, a vastly more informative, more helpful, faster and better looking website.
Our goal is to establish an online compilation of travel advice, data and resources that will become the ultimate website for the Germany-Austria-Switzerland-bound traveler (actually much of the advice and many of the services offered apply to any traveler headed for Europe). But only you, as a current, paid subscriber will have full access to all the sites features.
At the heart of GEMUT.COM is the knowledge and expertise of 17 years of publishing this newsletter, Gemütlichkeit, The Travel Letter for Germany, Austria & Switzerland.
Here's how you can view, print and download the site's hundreds of travel stories on European travel, as well as its database of some 800 hotels - content that is restricted to you as a paid subscriber.
First, visit the site at www.gemut.com. Next, in the lower left corner enter the codes below under the Travel Stories Archive bar.
The codes change every month and are published on page two of Gemütlichkeit.
When you get to the site check these features:
• 10 years of Gemütlichkeit. It's all there, the 3,000 word features on cities and regions with hotel and restaurant reviews, backroads drives, travel advice, reader recommendations, even the Dear Subscriber columns.
• Hotel database. We keep track of some 800 hotels we've either stayed in or personally inspected. The database includes full contact info, including email and URL links where available, plus our quality and value ratings. Want to see a hotels website or contact it via email? - just go to the database and click on the applicable link.
• Tips & advice. Frequently changing "how to" stories on travel in Europe including rental car advice, tapping in to the Internet from Europe, using Michelin's Red Guides, stretching your dollars in Europe, etc.
• Improved search capability. From hundreds of stories in our archive, find what you're looking for faster. There are now exact phrase, all my keywords, and any of my keywords search modes.
• Subscriber services. Renew a current subscription, send a gift subscription, download a sample issue, change your address, or contact any of our departments, all via email.
• Travel shopper. Get quotes on European car rental and transatlantic air tickets. Contact our trip planning department. Rent an apartment, house, chalet, flat or castle.
• Trip planning links. Here you'll find a huge collection of links specifically compiled with the Germany, Austria, Switzerland traveler in mind.
GEMUT.COM will continue to change and add new features. We welcome your comments, suggestions and criticisms.