The Top 10 Destinations in Austria
Without question this is Austria's number one attraction. A city rich in culture and one that's more than any other in our coverage area retains an Old-World atmosphere. Its wide boulevards are lined with stupendous buildings, its narrow lanes sequester charming shops and restaurants, and its museums display old masters by the thousands. But above all, Vienna is a city of music. Its operas, symphonies, chamber orchestras, even its street musicians, are the worlds finest. It is also the best walking city in our three countries.
This is a must-see town if ever there was one. Two days is not enough and two weeks not too much.
- Schönbrunn Palace
- The Belvedere
- The Hofburg and its Schatzkammer (treasury)
- Kaisergruft (Capuchins Crypt)
- Get J. Sydney Jones Viennawalks and follow the directions
- Attend a performance at the Volksoper; it's less expensive than the Staatsoper with lighter and more familiar music
- Stroll the Prater, the city's amusement park
Places to Stay
- Hotel Römischer Kaiser Annagasse 16, A-1010, tel +43/01/512 77 51 0, fax 512 77 51 13
- Zum Schwarzen Kameel, 1, Bognergasse 5, tel +43/01/533 8125
- Restaurant Beograd, Schikanedergasse 7, tel. +43/01/587 7444
- Café Diglas, 1. Wollzeile 10, tel. +43/01/512 57
- Gösser Bierklinik, Steindlgasse 4, tel. +43/01/535 6897