Page 2 of 2
- Brera, 71 Mommenstrasse. Modern design home accessories, bedding and light fixtures.
- L & P Classics, at the corner of Mommenstrasse and Knesebeckstrasse. Records and CDs.
- Linum, 5 Mommenstrasse. New and antique country linens, pillows, nightgowns.
- Briganti, 15 Weilandstrasse. Small wine and deli specializing in Italian and Spanish wines, some of which are available for tasting on the weekends.
Leibnizstrasse: between Mommenstrasse and Niebuhrstrasse
- Tavolo Calada, Leibnizstrasse 45. Excellent small Italian restaurant with interesting art. Pastas range from $10-1$12.
- Pasticceria Italiana, Leibnizstrasse. Next to Tavolo. Old fashioned pastry shop with wonderful looking cakes in the window. Old overstuffed furniture in eating area.
- First Reiseburo, next to Pasticceria. Make train reservations here.
- The English Scent, 10 Niebuhrstrasse. Fragrances from England. Soaps, old time shaving gear, Mason Pearson hairbrushes.
- Taverna Akropolis, at the corner of Niebuhrstrasse and Wielandstrasse. As we passed by one evening, Greek dancers performed for the outdoor diners.
- Kunsthandel Haus, 5 Niebuhrstrasse. Gallery with expensive art.
- Bramigk & Breer, Emma & Co, 1 Niebuhrstrasse. Country-style interior design fabrics and accessories. Also in this space is Emma & Co., high-end children's clothing.
- Astoria Art Deco, 42 Bleibtreu. Light fixtures, jewelry and furniture from the Art Deco period.
- Lubitsch, near Astoria. Café and restaurant. Lunch specials range from about $8 to $12.
- Alt Berlin, 48 Bleibtreustrasse. Antique store.
- Art, Savignypassage Bogen 605. Antiques including posters, metal signs, metal boxes of all sizes, musical instruments and matchbook covers.
- XXII Apostles, Savignypassage, across from Art. Attractive and popular restaurant open 24-hours. Great pizza. Pastas $10-$12, fish and meat dishes $15-$18.
- Berliner Zinnfiguren, Knesebeckstrasse 88. Retailer of extraordinary tin and pewter soldiers and entire battles. Open since 1934. Wells Fargo stage and horses about E1000 ($1,083); Hussar on a horse about E500 ($542); Napoleon on horseback about E450 ($488).
- Café Tucci: salads and pastas from about $8-$12.
- There are dozens of women's clothing stores throughout the neighborhood.
- << Prev