The popularity of river cruises continues to rise. And why not? It's perhaps the most relaxing way to see Europe. As you slide down the Danube, Elbe, Main, Mosel, Rhine, or Seine, you'll have many fewer fellow passengers than you did on the airplane that brought you to Europe. We think the best cruise boats are operated by Uniworld (last year the Today show deemed it the world's "best river cruise line") and have convinced them to again extend a discount exclusive to our readers.
Thus, we are able to offer a $400 per couple cruise-only ($900 for cruise plus air) discount on The Treasures of Prague, the Rhine and Main (25 of you loved this cruise in 2011) and on Gems of Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands with Floriade.
Here's more about these cruises. The ship is the River Ambassador. Its capacity of just 120 guests makes for an intimate, boutique experience. The Ambassador was refurbished in 2011, adding French balconies for top-deck state rooms.
- The two nights in Prague on the 10-day "Treasures" cruise are at the superior first class Art Deco Imperial Hotel (subject to change).
- Stops on "Treasures" include Koblenz, Aschaffenburg, Miltenberg, Würzburg, Bamberg, Nürnberg, and, of course, Prague.
- The 8-day "Gems" cruise offers an excursion to Venlo for Floriade 2012—the International Horticultural Expo held only once every 10 years. Stops include Brussels, Antwerp, Maastricht, Cologne.
- All meals are included and dinners come with complimentary European wines, beer, and soft drinks.
- Numerous shore excursions hosted by English-speaking local guides are included in the price.
- Free use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks.
- Transfers included even for guests that do their own air.
Discounts do not apply on all sailings.
These Uniworld videos will give you an idea of the ships, accommodations, and ports of call. Call Laura at 800-521-6722 x 2 for more info and a quote.