Page 5 of 10
#5. Mosel River Valley
These are subjective choices and well no doubt hear some dissenting views, but we regard the Mosel as a quieter and prettier river than the more famous Rhine. We like the wine better, too.
- Bernkastel Kues
- Miles of steep, terraced vineyards
- Eltz Castle
- The castle at Cochem
- Porta Nigra
- The Roman Baths and Amphitheatre.
- Take a day or two to drive its length.
A Place to Stay
- In Trier, Hotel Petrisberg, Sickingenstrasse 11, (tel. +49/0651/4640, fax 0651/46450)
- Hotel Weinhaus Moselschild, Ürzig, tel. +49/06532/9393-0