This 16-page booklet contains information and advice not found anywhere else on the Web and is aimed at Europe-bound travelers shopping for a rental car. It offers money-saving techniques to be used throughout the entire rental process.
Authors Andy and Bob Bestor explain how decisions relating to such factors as pickup and dropoff location, transmission type, vehicle category, international one-way rentals, and insurance, can affect the price of a rental by hundreds of dollars.
Here are just a few of the topics covered in the report:
- CDW/theft insurance: rely on a credit card or purchase it from the rental company?
- Avoiding “hidden” rental car charges
- Choosing the right rental car category
- The myth of the fullsize car
- Renting a van in Europe
- International one-way rentals
- GPS navigation on European rental cars
- Winterizing your European rental car
- Autobahn driving: staying alive at high speed
- When things go wrong
- Currency issues and car rental
- Pre-paid fuel: good deal/bad deal?
- Rental counter consumer checklist